Membership of SHSOBU is open to ex-students, ex-teachers and parents and guardians of ex-students of Sydney Boys’ High School.
- The High Bulletin – Our regular magazine full of news about old boys, their activities and their achievements in later life
- E-Bulletin – Our e-bulletin is sent to members at least once every month by e-mail. Reports on news and developments within the school family and provides information on social functions, career and networking opportunities organised by the School, its old boys and the GPS OBU Council.
- Mentoring Program – Old boys and current students can obtain professional and career advice from High old boys in a wide range of university courses, disciplines and professions (including medicine, law, science, engineering, commerce, business, academia and public service)
- Professional Networking Groups – Old boys can contact and meet with other High old boys in professional networking groups such as finance and business
- Social Networking Groups – Old boys can communicate with their year groups and social interest groups through the OBU’s Facebook-based social networking groups. A closed LinkedIn Group for financial members will be created to facilitate business and employment opportunities.
- Reunions – Members have access to information and updates about forthcoming reunions and events.
- Life Members receive a specially struck badge.
Ordinary members pay an annual membership fee. Annual membership is $75 and can be paid via this link
Life Membership Subscriptions
You may become a Life Member by paying the life membership fee. You then pay no further fees for the rest of your life unless the OBU determines otherwise at a general meeting.
Life membership is $525 and can be paid online via this link
Senior Life Membership is available at the reduced fee of $225 to all old boys aged 60 and over and can be paid via this link.
Please consider becoming a Life Member. You will reduce our administrative costs and obtain a lifetime membership for a fee equal to seven years of annual fees for a Life Member and three years of annual fees for Senior Life Member.
If you have any questions
E-mail us with any questions you have about becoming a member or your current membership status.
How to Join or Renew Membership
Pay Online by Secure Credit Card processing or Direct Bank Deposit – Click here
Print the Life Old Boys Life and Senior Membership Form and:
- Scan and email the completed form with your Credit Card details
- Post the completed form with your cheque (made out to Sydney High School Old Boys Union) or credit card details and post it to us at SHSOBU, GPO Box 3162, SYDNEY NSW 2001AUSTRALIA.
Donations to the SHSOBU are welcome. Your gift will enhance the services the OBU provides to the school and to its members. You can donate here.